Wednesday 7 March 2012

Do I need an editor?

Following on from my initial idea of creating my blog like a book I am left asking myself do I need an editor?  When I sit down to work I find myself taking  a long time to get going but when I do, do I write too much?  I feel this is an important question to ask myself as my work can become inaccessible to fellow bloggers and therefore I do not receive the comments that could help me progress.  I know in myself that I steer away from lenghty documents not because I do not think it will be helpful, I can find it intimidating and hard to process.  Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Hollie x

1 comment:

  1. I did see this blog earlier - interesting idea - I think self-editing is a good skill but feedback also helps. As this blog is done in an informal style I think it is accessible - but continue to set out your points of view - so that people can respond with their experience. The book analogy is apt - but is the blog a book? a 21st century form of a book? As such who are the blog editors of the world? The social media theory says it is the audience? but you also did to retain some autonomy in order to create...so back to self-editing with perhaps a greater engagement with the 'reader'.

    ReplyDelete