Sunday 29 April 2012

Howard Gardner theory in practice

I was amazed when I saw Howard Gardner's theory of Visual, Auditory and Kinaesthetic learners first hand in my work place.  Whilst teaching one of the children ran up to me and said "Hollie, hollie look I found a new way to learn my lines for the show."  He presented me with this:

It is quite hard to see but he is clearly a visual learner.  He used his love of drawing to create images to help him remember his lines.  Then he could picture these images in his mind to help him remember what he had to say.  See if you can make sense of his drawings his lines were as follows:  "Good evening.  And you join us outside for a special report on the latest dancing craze sweeping the country.  Known as 'The Hercules Beat', it's finally prised the nation off their sofas and onto their dancing feet.  With me here are some of the young people who are the biggest fans of The Hercules Beat and it's inventor, Hercules."  My personal favourite is at the bottom of the page.  He explained that it is a picture of the UK with a man holding a broom to sweep it up for his line "sweeping the nation."
                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment