Monday 7 May 2012

Linkedin!

Here is some information that I acquired from a friend that has always told me about the advantages of LinkedIn:

LinkedIn is a business-related social networking site based out of a headoffice in California. Since it was launched in May 2003 LinkedIn has had over 150 million subscribers placing it well ahead of its direct competitors Viadeo and Xing. It is available in over 13 different languages and has registered users in over 200 countries and territories. Since I subscribed to LinkedIn 2 years ago I have used it in various areas:
  • Networking - LinkedIn has enabled me to build a network of companies and contacts in and around the IT industry including both competitors and new business opportunities.
  • Recruitment - Through LinkedIn I have been able to find candidates for vacant jobs within our company that have the right level of experience, relevant qualificatoins and also live within the catchment area.
  • Advertising - I currently use LinkedIn to advertise any vacant job roles we have on offer as well as seminars and events we are hosting to help increase attendance.
  • Reaserch - Through LinkedIn I follow various companies, contacts and groups for local upates in the market place as well as attending forums and webinars.

LinkedIn launched a mobile version of the site in February 2008 and is also available as an application across various platforms such as Andriod and Itunes.

I did join linkedIn a while ago but I have not used it much.  I plan to let go of my fear of being a novice and enhance my engagement.  Hopefully I will be as positive about it as my friend!

www.linkedin.com

Hollie x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hollie, thanks for posting the summary about LinkedIn. I am also a novice who would like to engage in professional networks more. Setting up a profile on LinkedIn is at the top of my list of 'things-to-do'.

    ReplyDelete