Tuesday 1 May 2012

Sources of info from my fellow BAPPer's aka 3c continued

In order to find other sources of information that I could use in my networking practice I decided where better to look than my fellow BAPPer's.  Here is what I found:

You tube I use this tool but have never thought of it as one of my main sources of information.  I have used it more than I did before through my blogs.  I found it a great way to share and explain ideas I have had through a different medium.  After making a video of my own in  Task 1d I began to realise the opportunities it could open up to me.  I thoroughly enjoyed this task and felt very proud of the result.  Paula Nottingham commented that she hoped to see more of this from me and I hope to utilise this new found tool as I move forward on the course. As I have discovered through my studies I believe my self to be a visual learner and when looking through my blogs I am not really helping myself as it is all chunks of writing.

'Having a visual representation to learn from when you are teaching a visual art is incredibly useful.'
Danni Webber

'Videos on you tube can spread so quickly.' Afi Agyeman

TES This is something I have used in my practice very recently.  I use it in my new role in education recruitment - it is quite adept that I have always been on the search for jobs and now I have a job finding other people jobs.  The teaching I have done has always been quite set and planned out for me so I have not had the need to find a website like TES.  However as I move forward with my teaching it is a great tool to have - a support network of information that will provide endless knowledge.

'Whole library of teaching resources.' Danni Webber

'Gives me inspiration when I am stuck.' Ahmet Ahmet

Television This did not come to mind as a source of information but of coarse it is.  As a visual learner I like to watch documentaries.  In my new role working within special needs education I have learnt a lot from recent documentaries about children who are hearing impaired and suffering with autism.  When you see it happening it is easier to understand and relate to.  I also watched a documentary surrounding the dangerous nature of social media when partaking in the first have of this course.  I have also mentioned before that I think it is important to understand what happened before us in order to move forward and television provides us with an accessible medium for this knowledge.  As an actress I am constantly analysing and learning from the performances of those on television as Laura Sinigaglia mentions in her blog;

'It is a good source of information especially to enrich my acting skills.'

By looking at others work I have recognised other sources of information that I believe will enhance my knowledge and therefore my networking. Thanks guys!

Hollie x

No comments:

Post a Comment