Friday 26 October 2012

SIG help!!

Looking for some advice on creating my SIG and calling all people who would like to join me!

I am interested in:

Children's theatre
Inclusive theatre
Community theatre
Outreach theatre
Performing arts teaching
Theatre workshop facilitating

So quite a few things!  I have began to follow a lot more blogs on the BAPP course than I was previously but have people created SIG's within this or is it just in your head that you know the people interested in similar things as you?  It seems that a lot of people have created a linkedin account for their SIG's - I have an account that I honestly do not often use so I will get on this.

I have also finally joined twitter which I am really seeing the benefits of! I am following all the theatre companies I would like to work for hopefully one of them will follow me back one day.

Follow me @hannecartwright if you would like to!

Any advice on creating SIG's will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hollie x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hollie,
    What you have written in your profile, I have found to be inspirational. I can relate to what you say, particularly "the desire to make a difference no matter how small". I truly believe that all 'creatives' do this, often without realising; whether that be through performance, teaching, coaching or guiding.
    I have come to realise this more and more through critical reflection, understanding the impact that our work or practice has on our own lives and the lives of others.

    Your list of interests above will definitely entice your fellow BAPP'ers to sign up - Perhaps you could choose a SIG title that encompasses two or more of the subjects mentioned?

    The three that stand out as fitting together really well are :
    Inclusive, Community & Outreach

    Is that where your main interest lies or is it more so in the other choices (all of which I am sure could be re-worded to fully compliment one another?)

    I hope this helps. Please check our my Blog where I have written my thoughts on whether or not a SIG is relevant...

    http://jo-clarke.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/how-do-you-decide-whether-or-not-sig-is.html

    Also, following on from your previous Blog - We all go through a state of fear and apprehension about Blogging our thoughts, it is completely normal and I too have often felt intimidated by what other's have written. My advice to you is to go for it and be yourself. Blog in your own way / the style that best suits and helps you. We all need a bit of support and moral boosting every now and again! :-)
    I hope this helps.
    Best Wishes,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete