Tuesday 14 February 2012

Book 1: Old school turns techno Chapter 1: The dreamer

I have decided to think of my journey on BA Professional Practice like a book.  I am very driven by reaching goals constantly making lists and loving the satisfaction of ticking off each achievement.  I am finding it hard to grasp the concept of letting go of a destination and seeing what I learn along the way as I develop my professional practice.  By seeing it like my own book with a beginning, middle and end it gives me a focus to channel my journey through.  I hope each chapter will bring a new insight and development to my story. I am just not sure what is going to happen yet and isn't that the best thing about reading a book!  So chapter 1 is meant to engage the reader and make them read on.  Of coarse the reader is myself in this case as I am the one who needs to stay focused and engaged with my learning in order to get the fairytale ending.  Any other readers I gain along the way are a bonus!  I am embarking on this adventure to take control, opening my mind and developing skills to take me down the path that is right for me.  I am battling between two paths right now.  The instability of a life as a performer and the stability of becoming a Primary School teacher.  Both of these paths lead me to a dream and I am definitely a dreamer.  I want to fit everything I can into this short life we have and sometimes there is so much I want to do I loose focus.  I am hoping that through writing my BAPP book (I like the sound of that) I find my focus so I really can do as much as I can and not just talk about it.  So I am already looking forward to the journey this is going to take me on although I am a little nervous too.  I can be quite old fashioned - I started to write this blog on a notepad before giving into the convenience of technology how ridiculous.  But I am so excited to learn and get my head around web 2.0 tools (sounds scary) as I know that this will help me in my career no matter how frustrated I may get with it.  Setting up my blog did not take me as long as I thought though so it is a good start! I look forward to reading everyone's blogs and taking the next steps on this journey. Happy Valentines day!
Hollie x 

1 comment:

  1. Yes the idea of a book makes sense - an autobiography - and I think your readers will b engaged. Most of us have several jobs or career paths - hopefully the course will help you make some decisions about your work. The great thing about social media is it allows for words, pictures and moving images - wow - communication that is more true to life but the flow of information is so quick that it sometimes takes quite a will of force to slow it down to examine. However, we might be reading your book on a Kindle instead of on paper...

    ReplyDelete