Wednesday 15 February 2012

Chapter 3: This is me! aka Task 1a

It is so difficult to sum ourselves up in a document and stand out to potential employers.  Sometimes I want to knock on an employers door and say "hiya this is me!" at least that way they have to listen.  It can be so discouraging to send a piece of paper that can be thrown away two minutes later or in this case a document that can be deleted or sometimes not even opened.  By looking at my CV in detail and developing my professional practice in this area I hope to be able to say "this is me" in the best way possible opening as many opportunities as possible.  As a starting point I have uploaded three different CV's that I currently use when applying for new roles.  I aim to combine these in some way to create an online, accessible, amazing overview of me.

This is my current CV that I use for performing opportunities.  It is under Hollie Anne Cartwright as this is my stage name:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rFZjfcN5indGMx4AzS3QKqOW7UOexPfapm_3F-ZfQ8o/edit

This is my current CV that I use for teaching opportunities:


This is a personal statement that I have created as when applying for teaching jobs sometimes it is asked for in this format:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D12muEvRZlGzysgIxE_1EuLkn5TVLg7qzbRd6o37ZQY/edit 

I hope these links work.  Please view these documents and let me know what you think.  Thanks.
Hollie x 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Hollie,

    I can see you're getting on really well with the course - I'll be following your progress, as I have just finihsed reading your Task 1A blog and found it really useful so thank you. An inspiration for the BAPP's :) The way you described merging your CV's was exactly my aim so I'm interested to see how we can do this and be pleased with the final result! Happy blogging, Hannah x

    ReplyDelete