Wednesday 15 February 2012

Chapter 2: Let go

Professional - A person who is an expert at his or her work.
Communication - The imparting or interchange of thoughts, opinions or information.
Technologies - The total knowledge and skills available to any human society.

Put these three definitions together and the next chapter begins. To me this module means broadening my horizons to approach the wonderful world of the web with a new attitude and insight.  We all know that the internet has transformed the world but to be honest I do not feel I am moving with it.  My competency goes about as far as a facebook update. I am hoping to look back at this blog at the end of module 1 and feel completely different.  I find the enormity of it intimidating.  You can do quite literally everything on the internet now and it has vastly changed the world in which we live.  You can educate yourself on any subject possible or even arrange a riot!  I could discuss the benefits and disadvantages of it all day but that is not the point.  I know that the web has so much to offer and in exploring all these avenues I know my professional practice will vastly improve. I aim to let go of frustration and the way I label myself as a techno phobe and use my new found knowledge to further my career.  I envy those who have the skills and look forward to that being me!
Hollie x  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hollie,
    I love the idea that your writing you blog like a book, and I'm looking forward to see how it turns out, I hope it has a happy ending!
    I like you find the enormity of the web intimidating, and the need to let people know what I think and do a little exposing, but I'm sure it will be a steep learning curve that we will used to quickly.
    I look forward to reading more of you posts,
    Danni.

    ReplyDelete